You may additionally view this job listing on our website.
The American Literary Translators Association (ALTA) is seeking a Program Manager. The Program Manager will be responsible for: coordinating all aspects of the annual ALTA conference and the growing Emerging Translator Mentorship Program; and providing key operational support to the organization.
The candidate must have a strong organizational sense with a sharp eye for detail, and be able to prioritize and manage a diverse range of responsibilities while working collaboratively with a small team. Successful applicants will also have a demonstrable understanding of the field of literary translation, and a strong interest in international literature.
The Project Manager is expected to bring energy to the vision of the organization—and also to the planning and implementation of ALTA’s conference and programming; cultivation of sponsors, members, and attendees; web presence; and publicity.
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated candidate to develop and build on program management skills in support of literary translation and translators, and to play a key role in the growth of a small non-profit literary arts organization.
- 3-5 years experience in delivering high quality literary or arts programs and/or events
- Experience working in partnership with academic institutions, cultural organizations, publishers, or similar groups
- Experience growing participation figures, creating monitoring and evaluation systems, and modifying programming in response to feedback and results
- Working knowledge of the field of literary translation, including prominent organizations, publications, events, and initiatives
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and G Suite; experience with CRM software and/or website development skills a plus
- Demonstrable initiative, excellent logistical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to and passion for ALTA’s mission and goals, and a strategic approach to implementing them
- Energetic, collaborative, adaptable, willing to learn
SALARY, HOURS, LOCATION
Salary is commensurate with experience. This is a 0.75 FTE remote-based position that offers flexible working hours. The position is expected to increase to full-time and relocate to ALTA’s new office location at the University of Arizona in Tucson by the start of 2019. Paid time off and holidays are included; health stipend available when the position increases to full-time. Candidates must have permission to work in the United States.
Closing deadline: Sunday, February 18, 2018
Proposed start date: Monday, April 2, 2018
HOW TO APPLY
The American Literary Translators Association is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to strengthening our organization through diversity in every sense and strongly encourage candidates of all races and ethnicities, gender identities, life experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives to apply.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and cover letter, including “Program Manager” in the subject line, addressed to:
c/o The Fire Works, 3rd Fl.
701 S. 50th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19143
No phone inquiries, please.