The 2020 ALTA awards cycle closes this Monday, May 4 at 11:59pm PT!
The following prizes are accepting submissions:
- National Translation Award in Prose, for an exceptional book of translated prose published within the previous year
- National Translation Award in Poetry, for an exceptional book of translated poetry published within the previous year
- Italian Prose in Translation Award, for an exceptional work of translated Italian prose published within the past year
- Lucien Stryk Asian Translation Prize, for an exceptional work of translated Asian poetry published within the previous year
- Virtual Travel Fellowships, to recognize the work of emerging translators (who should have published no more than one full-length work of translation). This year’s Virtual Travel Fellows will receive a $500 prize each, and their work will be celebrated with an audio chapbook.
Please note that only publishers may submit to the National Translation Awards in Poetry and Prose. And in case you missed it: the National Translation Awards in Poetry and Prose, previously only open to U.S. citizens and residents, are now open to any translator working into English!
Publishers and translators are both invited to submit to the Italian Prose in Translation Award and Lucien Stryk Asian Translation Prize (which are completely free to submit to!).
Please note that submissions are only accepted through our Submittable portal. The deadline for awards submissions is May 4 at 11:59pm PT. Find out more about ALTA’s awards on the website. Questions may be directed to ALTA’s Communications and Awards Manager Rachael Daum at firstname.lastname@example.org.