ALTA is offering internships with our social media team!
If you’re looking to be a part of a group of fun- and translation-loving peers, you’ve found your place. You’ll learn to manage the responsibility of bringing translation news to the many members and community of ALTA, and learn what makes social media in the translation world tick. Responsibilities will include managing, contributing to, and furthering the various social media platforms that ALTA implements every day to make this world a better, more translation-friendly place. Check out our Facebook and Twitter profiles to see what we’re all about.
Here are our requirements:
- Ability to work remotely about 5 hours per week
- Native or near-native fluency in English
- Love of translation and familiarity with the world of literary translation (either as a translator, publisher, or consumer!)
- Familiarity with social media sites including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and WordPress or Medium
- Ability to work in a team
If you are interested, please send your resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 14. Please also direct any questions about the position to this email address. We are presently unable to offer pay for the internship, but college credit may be rewarded for your contributions, along with the gratitude of the people you’ll be working with.
We’re looking for longer commitments; if you can only work for a summer or a semester, that’s fine, but six months or longer is preferred. Interns who work for six months or more also enjoy a complimentary ALTA membership.
We look forward to hearing from you!