The American Literary Translators Association, an affiliate of the College of Humanities at the University of Arizona, is excited to open up applications for the position of secretary in our Tucson, AZ office.
The selected candidate will perform various administrative tasks, and will work independently and in coordination with other ALTA staff. The ideal individual will be energetic, collaborative, adaptable, and willing to learn. The successful candidate will directly report to the College of Humanities Assistant Dean, Business-Finance, and will work closely with ALTA’s Executive Director.
This part-time benefits-eligible position will be 20 hours per week. Position to start as soon as possible.
Review of applications begins on April 4, and the position will remain open until the right candidate is found.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Schedule appointments, meetings, etc. for ALTA personnel, ALTA Board and Committees, as necessary.
- Answer phones, take messages and/or direct callers to appropriate personnel.
- Draft written correspondence in response to general, routine inquiries or to request information.
- Monitor office supplies and initiate requests to replenish; research and compare vendors for various supply purchases.
- Assemble and distribute mail.
- Data collection, entry, and management, as needed.
- Record and track account expenditures; assist in preparation of reports to be submitted to supervisor.
- Compile various data or statistics for manuscripts, records or recurring reports such as membership and donation reports, reimbursements, etc.
- Operate office equipment such as calculators, copiers, scanners, and personal computers.
- May monitor and assign work of lower level clerical staff.
For a full list of duties, responsibilities, skills, and qualifications, please see this listing, and direct any questions you might have to ALTA Executive Director Elisabeth Jaquette at firstname.lastname@example.org.