ALTA is looking for volunteers for its exciting social media team! If you’re looking to be a part of a group of fun- and translation-loving peers, you’ve found your place. You’ll learn to manage the responsibility of bringing translation news and enthusiasm to the many members of ALTA, what makes social media in the translation world tick, and how to be even more awesome than you are now. Responsibilities will include managing, contributing to, and furthering the various social media platforms that ALTA implements every day to make this world a better, more translation-friendly place.
– enthusiasm for translation
– native or near-native grasp on English and idiomatic turns of phrase (as our social media accounts are conducted in English)
– knowledge of social media sites (esp. Facebook and Twitter, Instagram a plus)
– prior experience in social media marketing or management a plus, but not necessary
– availability 5-10 hours per week
– we prefer longer commitments: if you can only work for a semester, that is fine, but six months or longer is preferred
Note: Location is not of concern; anyone anywhere in the world is welcome to apply.
If you are interested, please send your resume and letter of interest to email@example.com by January 20! College credit may be rewarded for your contributions, along with the gratitude and favorite cat videos of the people you’ll be working with.
We look forward to hearing from you!