White Pine Press and the Cliff Becker Endowment for the Literary Arts announce the fourth annual Cliff Becker Book Prize in Translation, which produces one volume of poetry annually in a bilingual edition.
• 80 – 140 pages of bilingual manuscripts in original, English translations of poetry.
• TWO title pages: one bearing only the title of the work and name of the non-English poet, and one bearing the name and contact information of the English translator.
• A current listing of acknowledgements, indicating permission of the original poet or his/her estate, as applicable, and indicating any previous publication of individual poems.
• No other indication of the translator’s identity may appear anywhere in the submitted manuscript.
• $25 submission fee made payable to White Pine Press
• The final judge will be a member of ALTA
• Manuscripts will not be returned; please include a letter-sized SASE for notification of results.
• The translator of the winning manuscript will receive a standard publication contract with White Pine Press. In lieu of an advance against royalties, the translator will receive a prize of $1000.
Send to: The Cliff Becker Book Prize
White Pine Press, PO Box 236, Buffalo, NY 14201
Postmark Deadline: November 30, 2015
Cliff Becker (1964-2005) was the National Endowment for the Arts Literature Director from 1999-2005. He began his career at the NEA in 1992 as a literature specialist, was named Acting Director in 1997, and in 1999 became the NEA’s Director of Literature.
The Cliff Becker Book Prize in Translation is supported by a grant from the Amazon Literary Partnership.