[sic] – A Journal of Literature, Culture and Literary Translation
University of Zadar, Croatia
• Papers from different disciplines such as literary theory, culture studies, anthropology, history, sociology, etc.
• Writings on literary translation as well as translations from all languages into Croatian and English. (Introductory essays [maximum 2500 words] dealing with specific problems of the submitted translation from the perspective of literary translation are welcome)
Please include the following with your submissions:
• Original research papers:
– Title page with full title and subtitle (if any)
– Abstract (maximum150 words)
– Keywords (up to 10)
– Main text
– Author’s biography (maximum 100 words)
– Bibliography listed according to MLA standards
– Word count (maximum 4000 – 6000 words, including abstract, main text, notes, all references, and author’s biography)
– Appendices (illustrations, figures, graphs, etc. at the end of the document with exact position of each of the appendices marked in the text)
– Original author’s and translator’s biography (maximum100 words each)
– Translation and the original text
– Permission for online publication
For the purposes of blind refereeing, full name of each author with current affiliation and full address/phone/fax/email details plus short biographical note should be supplied in a separate file. Please ensure that you have anonymised the script throughout, deleting self-references until after the review process is complete. Authors are responsible for ensuring that manuscripts are accurately typed before final submission. Manuscripts may be returned to the author if they do not follow the basic guidelines of house style. House style for [sic] is based on MLA (Modern Language Association) Style (http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/747/01/). Please attach to every submission a covering letter confirming that all authors have agreed to the submission and that the article is not currently being considered for publication by any other journal. Preferred formats for the text and tables of your manuscript are Word doc, docx and rtf.
Authors are responsible for obtaining permission from copyright holders for reproducing any illustrations, tables, figures or lengthy quotations previously published elsewhere. By submitting an article to [sic], you acknowledge that that the article is the original, uncopied work of the author or authors. The author or authors are held responsible for submitting unplagiarized papers and should instances of plagiarism be detected, either before or after the publication of the paper, the full responsibility and liability lies with the author or authors, not with the journal. The ownership and rights of works submitted and published in [sic] shall reside with the author(s). However, [sic] reserves the primary right of publication.
Submitted academic papers undergo double-blind peer review by an international board of reviewers and are published in Croatian or English. Authors will be informed of acceptance, rejection, or need for revision within 60 days of submission. Papers sent back to authors for revision must be returned within the time specified or the manuscript will be retired from further consideration. Submissions are subject to editing and styling that complies with the journal’s standards.
All manuscripts should be submitted by email attachment email@example.com by June 1st, 2013. Anticipated publication date is November 1st, 2013.
For more information, please contact Ljubica Matek at firstname.lastname@example.org.